Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oooops.. I'm a Little Behind! 01/18/12

I have been so busy this past week, I have not even been on here to blog! I hate when that happens. It feels like just yesterday that I was on here writing about my cravings getting the best of me :-( Maybe that is why I left.. Today really was not as hard, considering I made soups for both meals. They leave me feeling really full.

Lunch: Sauteed onions, cooked with water, pepper, and garlic powder, put that into a soup with leftover chicken from the night before and one can of no fat, low sodium chicken broth. Yummy! It really hit the spot on this cold and windy day. 
Dinner: "Chili"- First, I browned my 93/7 lean ground beef in chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and paprika. (All measurements were about 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp., except for the garlic powder and black pepper, we love that stuff around here!) While that was cooking, I diced up 2 small roma tomatoes, and added in one can of chicken broth. It was so tasty, even Joe loved it. 

One great thing about eating soups, the chicken broth really makes you feel full. I am the most satisfied (hunger-wise) since I have been since starting this diet. I feel like I have so much energy tonight compared to how I usually am.

No comments:

Post a Comment