Friday, February 17, 2012

Whoopsie!

I feel like I am seriously failing with this blog... and my weight loss! I am sure if I had been losing more weight I would want to update this more, but since I have actually put on a few pounds since stopping HCG I haven't really wanted to post much about the scale going up instead of down. :-( Poor me.

Maybe I should give you a review of my thoughts of HCG 
Pros
  • It's great, if you can stick with it. And not just the time period of the very low calorie diet (VLCD), but actually follow through properly with the maintenance phases. Joe and I were SO excited to be done with our 500 calories a day that we did not focus enough on maintenance, and I think that's really what bit us in the butt.
  • Have a goal in place before going into it. This will build your confidence and drive up, making it easier to follow through the whole diet.
  • We have kept most of the weight off after a month, and we could have kept it all off had we not splurged a few times after the drops. 
  • It is a significant amount of weight loss in a short amount of time with little to no exercise involved. 
 Cons
  • If you don't have a goal in mind, you will not go far. If you do, good for you. I didn't, and I sure as heck didn't get as far as I would have liked. 
  • Meal planning. Some people are all for it, but me, I like to plan my meal right before I have it. I guess that doesn't really make it a plan... 
  •  Low energy levels. This led to more stress and bad moods for me. Taking care of an infant while not getting a full night's rest and very small daily meals was not fun for me.
Decide for yourself whether or not the pros outweigh the cons. I would definitely do this diet again, and I still recommend for people to try it. If working out really isn't your thing, or you have tried every diet in the book and are looking for another one to try out, give HCG a shot, it works as long as you follow the rules! 



No comments:

Post a Comment